So it’s no secret that I love sushi and I remember seeing a recipe ages ago when I first started cooking for a California roll salad. How freakin’ genius is that? Time for that idea to come into fruition.
With direct plans of making California rolls this week, I knew I would have a ton of leftover ingredients for California rolls. But once you start making sushi, you will know exactly how much rice goes into each roll (it can be a lot if you eat as many rolls as I do) so I wanted to stray away from the carb-loading as much as I could. So, with a box of Costco organic mixed greens in my fridge, I knew I had to make a salad.
Key components of a California roll salad? Greens + imitation crab + avocado + dressing. If you want to bulk up the salad a bit, feel free to add some brown rice, millet, quinoa, kamut, or freekeh. Enjoy!
California roll salad
What you’ll need:
– 6 cups organic mixed greens
– 1 avocado, diced
– 1 cup kamaboko (imitation crab), chopped
– 4 tbsp mayonnaise
– 4 tsps soy sauce
– Sesame seeds, for garnish
What you’ll need to do:
1. Whisk your dressing (mayonnaise and soy sauce) together until well emulsified. Set aside.
2. Mix all your ingredients for the salad and toss with dressing. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top if desired. Makes 2 servings.