We had another family BBQ over this past weekend as my brother and sister-in-law and my super cute nephew were in town. Of course, a family party was in order. With the gorgeous weather, sangria, and BBQ, I couldn’t have asked for a better set up! And this time I wasn’t bringing dessert!!! I decided to bring some mini chive and bacon quiches.
I was stoked to actually having the liberty to bringing something other than sweet baked goods. My sister was actually in charge of bringing dessert but she forgot (fail). And since I had a ton of mini pie shells leftover from Christmas, this was the perfect opportunity to use some up.
With the pie crust out of the way, all I had to worry about was the filling. Free range eggs, organic milk, chives, parmesan cheese and bacon. So easy. I was able to whip up the filling while the pre-made pie crusts were baking in the oven. So glad to finish a cute, party pleasin’ appetizer in under an hour, yay!
Again, feel free to switch the fillings — bacon and caramelized onion, spinach and feta, etc. Try this at your next picnic/party/BBQ!
Mini chive and bacon quiche
What you’ll need:
– 18 premade mini pie shells, frozen
– 2 free range eggs, beaten
– 1/2 cup organic milk
– 1/4 cup chives, chopped finely
– 2 slices bacon, chopped finely
– 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
– Salt and pepper, to taste
What you’ll need to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Bake your pie shells off on a baking sheet for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make your filling. Beat your eggs with the milk and cheese. Add any salt and pepper if needed.
3. Once the pie shells are removed from the oven, spoon by the teaspoonful, the bacon and chives. Pour the egg mixture up to the top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the egg has set. Makes 18 mini quiches.