Looking for a quick side dish or carb but you only have 30 minutes? Look no further. Roasted rosemary garlic potatoes are here to save the day!
So, I just spent a good half an hour writing about kimchi fried rice not realizing/remembering that I had already written a post on it before I left! Oops. How silly of me. Guess I have a lot less entries I have to write. That’s a good thing, right? I’ve got lots of new and inspiring content for you guys since I’ve come back! Just got to get through all this boring ones first.
Back to potatoes. If you’re in a time crunch, try making this roasted potatoes. They don’t take a huge time to make (and that’s including preparation and active cooking time) and they are so damn easy! Sometimes when I’m eating a steak or a protein-heavy meal, I always like to balance it out with some carbs and vegetables. This is a perfect carb side dish if you have a couple of lonely potatoes sitting on your counter or if you’re feeling extra-carby and love potatoes as do I. Seriously, it’s easy as ABC/123.
Roasted rosemary garlic potatoes
What you’ll need:
– 2 red-skinned potatoes, cubed, skin-on
– 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil (not extra virgin)
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tsps tsps dried rosemary
– 1 tsp ground thyme
– 1 1/2 tsps kosher salt
– 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
– 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
– Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
– Fresh chives, chopped (optional)
What you’ll need to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
2. Toss all the listed ingredients in a bowl and evenly spread it onto the lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a fork can pass through it.
3. Top with fresh chives. Serve with steaks, corned beef, or with a runny egg on top. Makes 2 servings.