Pasta salads are one of the best things to bring to potlucks and social gatherings. Why? Because they’re a cinch to make and who doesn’t love pasta!? Hello carbz! So when my cousin and his girlfriend finally invited the family over for their first official housewarming party, I was asked to bring pasta so pasta it was! I made a tuna and pesto pasta salad.
I was originally going to make my other tuna pasta salad but decided to try something new so I’d have something to write about for you guys (you’re welcome)! But really, it was just another way to use up some leftovers again. This time around? Leftover mayonnaise, pesto, pasta and tuna. And that was basically what my dish consisted of.
Again, feel free to use whatever pasta you have on-hand as well as pesto. I think this would also go really well with shrimp and handful of chopped scallions. Can you say yum?!
Tuna and pesto pasta salad
What you’ll need:
– 1 pkg (500g) whole wheat rotini
– 2/3 cup olive oil mayonnaise
– 1/4 cup malunggay pesto
– 1 can (254g) flaked white tuna, drained
– Handful of chives, chopped
– Salt and pepper, to taste
What you’ll need to do:
1. Cook your pasta according to packaged directions. Rinse, drain and set aside.
2. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and dump the rest of the ingredients on top. Mix together and serve immediately. Makes 6-8 servings.